Ever since I stumble upon this post by Nicholas Bate, it’s been on an open tab in my browser to reference it every day if possible. I loved every bit of it even if there are a few things I can’t do, like walking the last part of my commute, but it makes total sense and it’s inspiring.
Basics 7: Daily
- Act sooner rather than later.
- Remember they have had a hard day, too.
- Walk the last part of your commute into work if at all possible; it’s a great transition from one bubble to another.
- Keep the ritiuals for security, comfort and productivity. Do some new stuff for fresh thinking, excitement and keeping you young in mind.
- Don’t let anyone spoil your day.
- Take at least one of your coffees on your own plus paper notebook and pencil and capture….
- Reasure yourself you are on a planet. Walk real earth, observe a true horizon, feel the weather.